FPL offers teachers in its service territory the opportunity to incorporate renewable energy technology in their teaching plans. Check back for the 2014 workshop schedule.
- Teachers receiving a solar array through the FPL solar schools program
- Teachers in FPL’s service territory.
- Limit of two teachers per school.
About the Workshops
- Learn how solar energy works, participate in hands-on lessons, and receive renewable energy curriculum materials.
- Workshops are conducted by the Florida Solar Energy Center.
- FPL will pay a $125 stipend (additional funds to teachers traveling over 100 miles RT) to fund their travel. Stipend checks will be distributed at close of the workshop.
- Workshops begin at 8:30am and end at 3:30pm.
- No additional guests are permitted to attend the workshop.
- Lunch will be provided.
- FPL will confirm your attendance by email approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
Send an e-mail to Maureen Wilt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561-694-3518.